Clinics & Services
Nurses also deal with all the chronic disease care such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension etc. and letters are sent annually requesting patients with these conditions to make an appointment for a check-up.
The nurses also run a wart clinic, child vaccination clinics, well person clinics and travel clinics. Please telephone for an appointment.
The practice offers a minor injury service during normal opening hours. The following conditions can be treated by the Practice Nurses or Nurse Practitioners:
- minor trauma to hands, limbs or feet
- foreign bodies superficially embedded
- non-penetrating superficial foreign body in the eyes
- recent eye injury
- sprains and strains
- following recent injury of a severity not amenable to simple domestic first aid
- following recent injury where it is suspected stitches may be required
- following blows to the head where there has been no loss of consciousness
- partial thickness thermal burns or scalds involving broken skin - not over 1 inch diameter - not involving the hands, feet, face, neck, genital areas
Travel Immunisation and Medical Packs
If you are planning to travel abroad, please telephone the surgery for travel advice and to make an appointment to discuss vaccination requirements and general health advice for your destination with the nurse. Immunisations are given by the nurse. Most vaccinations need to be done well in advance of departure, so it is helpful to plan ahead. More information can be found on the above tab.
The East Bergholt Medical Centre is a recognised Yellow Fever Centre.