For all appointments call:
- East Bergholt 01206 298272
- Capel St Mary 01473 310203
All GP appointments are allocated a 10 minute slot.
If you have problems with transport please advise the receptionist and she will endeavour to make a convenient appointment for you.
You are now able to book, cancel and check your own appointments at any time of the night or day online via the link at the top of this page. You will need to come in to reception where you can register to use the service. At this time you will be given a unique password and logon for the system. You can then use this service wherever you have access to the internet, at any time of day or night.
Types of Appointment
Several types of appointment are available daily and a GP appointment may not be the most appropriate. You may therefore be offered a nurse practitioner appointment, nurse appointment, telephone appointment, pre-booked appointment or prescription following consultation with the doctor. It may be necessary to consult a clinician and return your call.
Patients are asked to telephone from 08:00 on the day they require an appointment. We aim to deal with all queries on the day but will not necessarily be able to offer you an appointment with the clinician of your choice.
Once all our on-the-day appointments have reached full capacity, we then operate from our call back list. This enables all our patients who have not been able to book into a slot with a GP to have a call back from the duty doctor working that day to discuss the matter.
These are available to any patient, with a GP of his/her choice. However in order to keep the balance between pre-booked non-urgent appointments and on-the-day acute appointments it may be necessary to wait for 1 – 2 weeks for a mutually convenient date.
These appointments are available to all patients who are unable or feel it unnecessary to attend the surgery but require simple advice without examination. Please request a telephone appointment. The GP or nurse will phone you back within a given time scale.
What you can expect when you book an appointment
- Your call will be answered as soon as possible, although at peak times there may be a delay
- Reception staff will be polite and helpful
- If you need to be seen on the day you ring, your appointment may not be with your usual doctor
How you can help
- Please arrive on time for your appointment
- For the benefit of all patients, the doctors need to keep to time during their surgeries. If you have a number of problems to discuss with the doctor, please ask the receptionist for extra time when you book the appointment
- Please remember that an appointment is for one person only
- Always ring to cancel your appointment as early as possible if you can no longer attend. This frees up appointments for other patients
- Notify the practice if you change your address or telephone number
- Consider whether you need to see a doctor at all. Could you see a practice nurse in the minor illness clinic.