Welcome to Constable Country Medical Practice
We aim to provide a patient focused service and our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need.
Along with specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering important issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations. We hope that you will find the site useful and easy to navigate.
You can now also follow us on follow us on Facebook and Twitter
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT APPOINTMENTS, PRESCRIPTIONS & CONTACTING THE SURGERY (last updated : 19th March 2020)
The surgery is continuously reviewing how we deliver our services in light of the recent issues surrounding coronavirus. It will be very helpful if you could kindly work with us so that we can minimise risk and ensure a healthy level of service.
We are experiencing high demand due to recent events and are also facing staff shortages due to some staff needing to self-isolate themselves.
However, we are working very hard to offer as full a range of service as possible in a safe and timely manner by adapting the way we work.
HERES IS HOW YOU CAN HELP
• PLEASE DO NOT book an appointment or attend either the surgery, pharmacy of hospital if you have any of the following:-
- A high temperature
- A persistent cough
- Are living with someone who has these symptoms
• If you have the symptoms, then please isolate for 7 days.
• If you live with someone who has these symptoms, then please isolate for 14 days.
• If your symptoms, worsen, please visit the NHS 111 website online. Only call NHS 111 direct if you cannot get online or are advised to do so by the online service.
• PLEASE DO NOT visit the practice only to make an appointment or to ask for routine test results.
The reception will only speak to you via telephone. Notices about extension numbers have been placed in the reception area along with alcohol wipes to use before and after using the handset.
• PLEASE DO NOT arrive early or wait in the waiting rooms if possible.
You may notice that the surgery has reduced the number of seats in the waiting area and have spread them apart. This is to encourage social distancing and limit the risk of spreading infection.
• HAVE YOU TRIED E-CONSULTATION?
• The surgery would recommend use of "eConsult" service which provides both self-help information and also allows you to contact our doctors for advice related to non-urgent matters.
Please check the link: https://constablecountrymedicalpractice.webgp.com/
• **Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have anything of any serious or urgent concern via telephone**
• Phlebotomy, nurse dressing, child immunisation as well as other routine appointments continue to be offered as safely as possible. They can be booked up to 1 week in advance by calling the surgery.
• The above advice may will be reviewed on a regular basis and may need to change. We will aim to keep you updated of any changes at the earliest possible.
• Finally, can we kindly request you to be patient with us and polite to our staff. Our telephone lines are going to be extremely busy. We fully appreciate that this is a very stressful time for our patients. We are here to help, but we are working under extreme pressures with reduced staff numbers, and we would ask that you consider this when you call us.
Many thanks for your co-operation
Constable Country Medical Practice.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT PRESCRIPTIONS (last updated : 19th March 2020)
• Prescription requests WILL NOT be taken by the reception team over the telephone or by hand to avoid mistakes and ensure infection control.
• Please continue to drop the prescription requests into the prescription request boxes available at both sites. You can also continue to request them online if you have registered to use the online service.
• To facilitate those in self-isolation, patients can NOW ALSO EMAIL prescription requests to firstname.lastname@example.org (PLEASE NOTE: THIS EMAIL IS FOR REPEAT MEDICATION QUERIES ONLY AND NOT FOR ROUTINE COMMUNICATION WITH THE SURGERY)
• Prescriptions will continue to be issued on a monthly basis till further notice.
NEW - CORONA VIRUS HELP PAGE
Click on the link to find out more: https://www.constablecountrymedicalpractice.co.uk/page1.aspx?p=2&t=6
How did you find our service? You can provide feedback about the practice at Healthwatch Suffolk
Click here to leave feedback about our East Bergholt site
Click here to leave feedback about our Capel St Mary site
Care Quality Commissioner - Practice Quality Report
Please follow the link below to take you to our most recent CQC report dated 16th May 2018
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and additional clinicians offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition. This may include services offered by the Midwife, Podiatrist or Acupuntcure and Chinese herbal medicine Doctor.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The medical centre conforms to the guidelines laid down by the Disability Act and includes a lift to the first floor. The Capel surgery is accessible by ramp and staff are on hand to help with any enquiries or concerns.
(Site updated 28/03/2020)