IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT APPOINTMENTS, CONTACTING THE SURGERY (last updated : 19th March 2020)
The surgery is continuously reviewing how we deliver our services in light of the recent issues surrounding coronavirus. It will be very helpful if you could kindly work with us so that we can minimize risk and ensure a healthy level of service.
We are experiencing high demand due to recent events and are also facing staff shortages due to some staff needing to self-isolate themselves.
However, we are working very hard to offer as full a range of service as possible in a safe and timely manner by adapting the way we work.
HERES IS HOW YOU CAN HELP
• PLEASE DO NOT book an appointment or attend either the surgery, pharmacy of hospital if you have any of the following:-
- A high temperature
- A persistent cough
- Are living with someone who has these symptoms
• If you have the symptoms, then please isolate for 7 days.
• If you live with someone who has these symptoms, then please isolate for 14 days.
• If your symptoms, worsen, please visit the NHS 111 website online. Only call NHS 111 direct if you cannot get online or are advised to do so by the online service.
• PLEASE DO NOT arrive early or wait in the waiting rooms if possible.
You may notice that the surgery has reduced the number of seats in the waiting area and have spread them apart. This is to encourage social distancing and limit the risk of spreading infection.
• PLEASE DO NOT visit the practice only to make an appointment or to ask for routine test results.
The reception will only speak to you via telephone. Notices about extension numbers have been placed in the reception area along with alcohol wipes to use before and after using the handset.
HAVE YOU TRIED E-CONSULTATION?
• The surgery would recommend use of "eConsult" service which provides both self-help information and also allows you to contact our doctors for advice related to non-urgent matters.
Please check the link: https://constablecountrymedicalpractice.webgp.com/
APPOINTMENT SYSTEM ADVICE PRIOR TO CORONA VIRUS OUTBREAK
From September 2019 the surgery offers all its patient a telephone based, doctor led call back appointment system.
Please read below for further information about the appointment system.
For all appointments please call:- East Bergholt 01206 298272, Capel St Mary 01473 310203
- You will initially speak to one of our experienced receptionists. They do not make clinical decisions but will ask for the reason of your call so that they can help you choose who is best placed to help you (This could be a Pharmacist, Practice Nurse, Healthcare Assistant, Physiotherapist, Pharmacy Technician, Nurse Practitioner or a Doctor).
- You will still be able to pre-book appointments with a Practice Nurse (for dressings, etc), Healthcare Assistant and our Pharmacy Technician subject to availability.
- However, GP and Nurse Practitioner (higher trained nurse who can treat various conditions and also prescribe medications) appointments will now be same day Telephone Triage based appointments.
- If you need to access a doctor then you will be offered a choice of doctor working on the day and added to either their ‘Before 1 pm or After 1 pm call back’ list. If you need the doctor to call you at a more specific time then please inform the medical receptionist and the doctor will try to accommodate your request.
- Following the call back telephone appointment if your problem requires you to be seen face to face, then the doctor provide you with a same day or another mutually agreeable appointment at a time that is convenient to both of you.
- The ‘call back’ list will be used for both urgent and non-urgent health problems. If your problem is urgent you must inform reception immediately as urgent calls will be prioritised. The doctor will either speak to you immediately or call you back within a short period of time.
- You will also be able to book call back appointments online from 7am daily subject to availability. If you require a username and password to access the online service please speak to reception.
Our Practice team are on hand to explain more about how our appointment system works and answer any questions you have.
Please ask at reception, or download our information booklet from our website.
New Appointment System Booklet
GP + Appointments
THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED BY THE LOCAL HEALTH AUTHORITY.