UPDATE ABOUT APPOINTMENTS
The surgery is continuously reviewing how we deliver our services in light of the recent issues surrounding coronavirus. It will be very helpful if you could kindly work with us so that we can minimise risk and ensure a healthy level of service. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
As we head into autumn is vital that we continue with the measures which have been in place for the last few months to protect both staff and patients from Covid-19.
Our primary objective at the practice is to minimise the need for patients to come to the practice at all, but if they need to then to minimise the risk. Here is a summary of the measures we have put in place:
- If possible, submit any medical or admin query via our online eConsult service. We aim to respond to all eConsults within 2 working days.
- If you cannot use eConsult or if your need is urgent, our receptionists will place you on a triage list and one of our doctors or nurse practitioners will call you back.
- If you need to come to the practice, the clinician will ask you to wait in your car with your mobile. The clinician will call you when they are ready to see you.
- You must tell us if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms such as fever, a new cough, or loss of taste and smell.
- Please wear a mask or wrap a scarf around you face when you come to the practice, and sanitise your hands.
Please be assured that you can contact us if you feel you need to speak to a clinician about any health concerns you may have. If you have concerns regarding the health of vulnerable patients, please inform us.
EASTER WEEKEND - SURGERY TO OPEN NORMAL WORKING HOURS
Due to the current Coronavirus Pandemic we have decided to open normal working hours across the entire Easter Weekend from Friday 10th April through to Monday 13th April. Please contact us via the normal practice phone number and also via E-Consult.
CAPEL ST MARY SITE TO CLOSE TEMPORARILY FROM 30TH MARCH 2020
- We are experiencing high demand due to recent events & also facing significant staff as well as protective equipment shortages. In order for us to work safely & ensure adequate level of service, we have unfortunately had to make the difficult decision of temporarily closing our Capel St Mary site from 30th March 2020. This decision was not taking lightly and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- The surgery site at Capel will be closed to all GP, nurse, phlebotomy clinics. The reception will also not be manned.
- "Villapharm" pharmacy which rents a space from the surgery will continue to offer its services as normal.
- We plan to pool all our available resources at our East Bergholt site. The clinicians will continue to serve all patients registered to the practice by doing majority of consultations by telephone. Nurse, dressing and phlebotomy appointments can be booked upto 1 week in advance.
- We request you all to avoid coming to the surgery as far as possible and please get in touch with us via "eConsult" or Telephone only.
UPDATE REGARDING PRESCRIPTIONS
- BATCH (Electronic repeat dispensing) PRESCRIPTIONS
- Due to the ongoing Coronavirus issue, in line with government recommendations we will be gradually changing all patients who have signed for electronic prescribing to batch prescribing automatically if you qualify for it. It will reduce the need for patients to contact the surgery and improve safety as well as satisfaction.
- Batch pescribing sends your prescriptions electronically from your GP surgery (for upto a year) to a pharmacy of your choice.
- You can change the pharmacy from where you wish to collect the prescription anytime you want.
- It’s easy to use and you don't need a computer or electronic device.
- It’s reliable, secure and confidential. Your regular prescriptions are stored securely on the NHS database, so they'll be ready at the pharmacy each time you need them.
- It can save time by avoiding unnecessary trips or calls to your GP every time you need to order a repeat prescription
Clinic on the link below for a short video
If you are currently not on batch prescriptions:-
- Please continue to drop the prescription requests into the prescription request boxes available at both sites. You can also continue to request them online if you have registered to use the online service.
- To facilitate those in self-isolation, patients can NOW ALSO EMAIL repeat monthly prescription requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note: This email is for repeat medication requests only and not for routine communication with the surgery)
- Prescription requests WILL NOT be taken by the reception team over the telephone or by hand to avoid mistakes and ensure infection control.
NEW - CORONA VIRUS HELP PAGE
- Self isolating? Feeling alone or vulnerable? Do you or someone you know need help with shopping, medications or walking your dog?
Why not contact our fantastic team of volunteers in East Bergholt & Capel St Mary to help you?
- Have questions about medications that you are taking?
Please click here for more information
Suffolk and North East Essex - My Care Record
My Care Record enables health and care professionals directly involved in your care to access information about you.
My Care Record
- The surgery now offers e-Consultation as well. It is an online triage and consultation tool to help you save time and provide continuity of care.
- Saves time - you may not need a trip to the surgery and your query may be resolved with a phone call.
- Continuity of care from your own GP practice – Patients complete an online GP consultation with their practice when they need to
- Medical advice 24/7 – check your symptoms and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS Choices content
- Request sick notes and test results without the need for an appointment
- A response by the end of the next working day or sooner
- Access wherever and whenever you want from any device, and complete at a pace that suits you.
To contact us via e-Consult click on: https://constablecountrymedicalpractice.webgp.com/
For further information regarding "e-Consult" at the Practice please click on the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbg1AhkmZkU
In line with advice from the CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group) and best practice, Constable Country Medical Practice no longer provides appointment for ear syringing to its patients.
Ear syringing is no longer considered to be the first line of treatment for the clearing of ear wax and it is not a funded service within the NHS for general practice.
Current guidelines are that ear drops should be used to soften the wax which will then enable the natural movement of the wax from the ear. Further information and treatment options are available on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/earwax-build-up/
If you would like to see a private audiologist, we have Graeme Sly from Micro Technology Ltd who see's patients at our practice in East Bergholt.
Graeme E Sly Bsc (Hons) Degree, BSHAA
Appointment Cancellation Service
If you need to cancel an appointment, you can now send us a text message. This should help reduce the number of non-attended appointments and also provide a simple method for patients to let us know they need to cancel rather than wait in the telephone queue first thing in the morning.
To cancel an appointment, simply send a message to 07562618401 and include your name, date of birth and the date and time of the appointment you wish to cancel. Please note that this number can only be used for appointment cancellations. Any other enquires will not be answered if sent to this number.
Please note that we do not offer any private travel vaccines. If you require any vaccines that are not covered by the NHS you will need to search for your nearest Travel Clinic. For more information please visit www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk