IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT APPOINTMENTS, PRESCRIPTIONS & CONTACTING THE SURGERY (last updated : 19th March 2020)
The surgery is continuously reviewing how we deliver our services in light of the recent issues surrounding coronavirus. It will be very helpful if you could kindly work with us so that we can minimize risk and ensure a healthy level of service.
We are experiencing high demand due to recent events and are also facing staff shortages due to some staff needing to self-isolate themselves.
However, we are working very hard to offer as full a range of service as possible in a safe and timely manner by adapting the way we work.
HERES IS HOW YOU CAN HELP
• PLEASE DO NOT book an appointment or attend either the surgery, pharmacy of hospital if you have any of the following:-
- A high temperature
- A persistent cough
- Are living with someone who has these symptoms
• If you have the symptoms, then please isolate for 7 days.
• If you live with someone who has these symptoms, then please isolate for 14 days.
• If your symptoms, worsen, please visit the NHS 111 website online. Only call NHS 111 direct if you cannot get online or are advised to do so by the online service.
• PLEASE DO NOT arrive early or wait in the waiting rooms if possible.
You may notice that the surgery has reduced the number of seats in the waiting area and have spread them apart. This is to encourage social distancing and limit the risk of spreading infection.
• PLEASE DO NOT visit the practice only to make an appointment or to ask for routine test results.
The reception will only speak to you via telephone. Notices about extension numbers have been placed in the reception area along with alcohol wipes to use before and after using the handset.
• The surgery would recommend use of "eConsult" service which provides both self-help information and also allows you to contact our doctors for advice related to non-urgent matters.
Please check the link for more information https://constablecountrymedicalpractice.webgp.com/
• **Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have anything of any serious or urgent concern via telephone**
• Phlebotomy, nurse dressing, child immunization as well as other routine appointments continue to be offered as safely as possible. They can be booked up to 1 week in advance by calling the surgery.
• The above advice may will be reviewed on a regular basis and may need to change. We will aim to keep you updated of any changes at the earliest possible.
• Finally, can we kindly request you to be patient with us and polite to our staff. Our telephone lines are going to be extremely busy. We fully appreciate that this is a very stressful time for our patients. We are here to help, but we are working under extreme pressures with reduced staff numbers, and we would ask that you consider this when you call us.
Many thanks for your co-operation
Constable Country Medical Practice.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT PRESCRIPTIONS (last updated : 19th March 2020)
• Prescription requests WILL NOT be taken by the reception team over the telephone or by hand to avoid mistakes and ensure infection control.
• Please continue to drop the prescription requests into the prescription request boxes available at both sites. You can also continue to request them online if you have registered to use the online service.
• To facilitate those in self-isolation, patients can NOW ALSO EMAIL prescription requests to email@example.com. (PLEASE NOTE: THIS EMAIL IS FOR REPEAT MEDICATION QUERIES ONLY AND NOT FOR ROUTINE COMMUNICATION WITH THE SURGERY)
• Prescriptions will continue to be issued on a monthly basis till further notice.
NEW - CORONA VIRUS HELP PAGE
Please see the link below: https://www.constablecountrymedicalpractice.co.uk/page1.aspx?p=2&t=6
- The surgery now offers e-Consultation as well. It is an online triage and consultation tool to help you save time and provide continuity of care.
- Saves time - you may not need a trip to the surgery and your query may be resolved with a phone call.
- Continuity of care from your own GP practice – Patients complete an online GP consultation with their practice when they need to
- Medical advice 24/7 – check your symptoms and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS Choices content
- Request sick notes and test results without the need for an appointment
- A response by the end of the next working day or sooner
- Access wherever and whenever you want from any device, and complete at a pace that suits you.
To contact us via e-Consult click on: https://constablecountrymedicalpractice.webgp.com/
For further information regarding "e-Consult" at the Practice please click on the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbg1AhkmZkU
In line with advice from the CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group) and best practice, Constable Country Medical Practice no longer provides appointment for ear syringing to its patients.
Ear syringing is no longer considered to be the first line of treatment for the clearing of ear wax and it is not a funded service within the NHS for general practice.
Current guidelines are that ear drops should be used to soften the wax which will then enable the natural movement of the wax from the ear. Further information and treatment options are available on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/earwax-build-up/
If you would like to see a private audiologist, we have Graeme Sly from Micro Technology Ltd who see's patients at our practice in East Bergholt.
Graeme E Sly Bsc (Hons) Degree, BSHAA
Appointment Cancellation Service
If you need to cancel an appointment, you can now send us a text message. This should help reduce the number of non-attended appointments and also provide a simple method for patients to let us know they need to cancel rather than wait in the telephone queue first thing in the morning.
To cancel an appointment, simply send a message to 07562618401 and include your name, date of birth and the date and time of the appointment you wish to cancel. Please note that this number can only be used for appointment cancellations. Any other enquires will not be answered if sent to this number.
Please note that we do not offer any private travel vaccines. If you require any vaccines that are not covered by the NHS you will need to search for your nearest Travel Clinic. For more information please visit www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk