Batch (Electronic repeat dispensing) Prescriptions
- Due to the ongoing Coronavirus issue, in line with government recommendations we will be gradually changing all patients who have signed for electronic prescribing to batch prescribing automatically if you qualify for it. It will reduce the need for patients to contact the surgery and improve safety as well as satisfaction.
- Batch prescribing sends your prescriptions electronically from your GP surgery (for up to a year) to a pharmacy of your choice.
- You can change the pharmacy from where you wish to collect the prescription anytime you want.
- It’s easy to use and you don't need a computer or electronic device.
- It’s reliable, secure and confidential. Your regular prescriptions are stored securely on the NHS database, so they'll be ready at the pharmacy each time you need them.
- It can save time by avoiding unnecessary trips or calls to your GP every time you need to order a repeat prescription
Click on the link opposite for a short video.
Click here for more information about Batch Prescribing