You can save yourself a trip to the surgery by ordering your repeat medication online via the link above.
If you are yet to register for online access you will need to register at reception for a username and password – This will require a form of I.D.
If you are on regular medication you will be required to request future issues for all medication required. There are a number of different ways patients can request their medication.
- In Person - Please bring in the repeat list attached to the prescription form, ticking only the items required, and hand into reception. If you do not have a printed repeat list, please write down the drugs required alongside your full name and address and hand into reception. There is also a box in the entrance at each surgery for repeat prescriptions to be placed into; these boxes get checked frequently throughout the day.
- Fax - You may also fax your repeat prescription to either site – East Bergholt 01206 299010 - Capel St Mary 01473
- Post - You may send your repeat prescription via post, please ensure a stamped address envelope is attached if you wish for the prescription to be sent back to yourself.
- Systemone online – Please follow the link at the top of the page which will redirect you to the online prescription services. Please have ready your username and password.
- Nominated Pharmacy – You can leave your repeat prescription at your chosen pharmacy who will then request your medication from the surgery.
If you require a medication that you have had previously but it is not on your repeat list, you will not be able to order this online. Please contact reception and request the medication as you may be asked to speak to, or see one of the doctors to ensure the medication is appropriate and safe to prescribe.
We are unable to accept repeat prescriptions over the telephone, unless you are registered as housebound; this is to avoid any possible prescribing errors.
Please also note, if a repeat prescription is requested too early without reason, it may be returned or you may be telephoned to establish the reason. This is to safeguard patients and the practice from overuse or misuse of medication.
Where to collect your prescription from
Patients leaving prescription request forms at their chosen pharmacy should collect their medication from that pharmacy.
Patients leaving prescription request forms at the surgery should collect their prescription from the surgery and take it to the pharmacy of your choice, unless the patient has a nominated pharmacy which the practice will automatically send the prescription to.
Patients who require delivery of their medication should speak directly to their chosen pharmacy who can often facilitate these requirements.
In order for us to send your repeat prescriptions to the correct pharmacy please make sure you inform us of your nominated pharmacy. There are “update my details” forms in both surgeries to keep all your important details up to date!
Make sure you order in plenty of time
Please allow 72 hours for repeat prescriptions to be processed, taking into account weekends and public holidays. The table below provides guidance on when to expect your prescription following a request. It is your responsibility to order your medication in plenty of time to avoid being without the drugs you need.
Day prescription received
Day available for collection (After 14.00)
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.