Welcome to Constable Country Medical Practice
You can now also follow us on follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates and health related information
It is with a heavy heart we at Constable Country Medical Practice would like inform you that Dr Fayez Ayache sadly passed away on Wednesday 8th April 2020. He was a well known and much loved senior partner at the practice who had served the patients here for about 33 years after arriving from Syria about half a century ago.
True to his style, he was actively engaged with the NHS till his last few days. Apart from being a very good doctor, he was selfless, committed and served with much love. He will be sorely missed by all the staff as well as patients alike. We pay tribute to him for all his selfless service and compassionate care.
If anyone would like to pass any message of condolence or pay a tribute to him then they can directly email his family at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rest in peace Fayez.
*** WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE OUR PATIENTS TO KINDLY USE "E-CONSULTS" FOR ROUTINE OR NON-URGENT MATTERS INSTEAD OF TELEPHONE AS FAR AS POSSIBLE.
THIS WILL ALLOW US TO DEAL WITH MORE PATIENTS & ALLOCATE EXTRA RESOURCE TO THOSE IN NEED. WE AIM TO ADDRESS ALL "E-CONSULT" QUERIES WITHIN 24-48 HRS. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT ***
UPDATE ABOUT APPOINTMENTS
The surgery is continuously reviewing how we deliver our services in light of the recent issues surrounding coronavirus. It will be very helpful if you could kindly work with us so that we can minimise risk and ensure a healthy level of service. We sincerely thank you for your kind understanding.
- We are experiencing high demand due to recent events & also facing significant staff as well as protective equipment shortages. In order for us to work safely & ensure adequate level of service, we have unfortunately had to make the difficult decision of temporarily closing our Capel St Mary site from 30th March 2020. This decision was not taking lightly and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- The surgery site at Capel will be closed to all GP, nurse, phlebotomy clinics. The reception will also not be manned.
- We plan to pool all our available resources at our East Bergholt site. The clinicians will continue to serve all patients registered to the practice by doing majority of consultations by telephone. Nurse, dressing and phlebotomy appointments can be booked upto 1 week in advance.
- 'Villapharm' pharmacy which rents a space from the surgery will continue to offer its services as normal.
UPDATE REGARDING PRESCRIPTIONS
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus issue, in line with government recommendations we will be gradually changing all patients who have signed for electronic prescribing to BATCH (Electronic repeat dispensing) PRESCRIPTIONS automatically if you qualify for it. It will reduce the need for patients to contact the surgery and improve safety as well as satisfaction.
If you are currently not on batch prescriptions:-
- Please continue to drop the prescription requests into the prescription request boxes available at both sites. You can also continue to request them online if you have registered to use the online service.
- To facilitate those in self-isolation, patients can NOW ALSO EMAIL repeat monthly prescription requests to email@example.com. (Please note: This email is for repeat medication requests only and not for routine communication with the surgery)
- Prescription requests WILL NOT be taken by the reception team over the telephone or by hand to avoid mistakes and ensure infection control.
SELF CARE ADVICE
Please check for self care advice and if to contact a GP by using the NHS website at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/
All common conditions such as tonsillitis, chest infections, urine infections, cellulitis have very understandable and evidence based advice.
Asthmatic Patients please refer to this helpful guidance: https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/coronavirus-covid-19/
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP
PLEASE DO NOT book an appointment or attend either the surgery, pharmacy of hospital if you have any of the following:-
- A high temperature, persistent cough or are living with someone who has these symptoms
• If you have the symptoms, then please isolate for 7 days.
• If you live with someone who has these symptoms, then please isolate for 14 days.
• If your symptoms, worsen, please visit the NHS 111 website online. Only call NHS 111 direct if you cannot get online or are advised to do so by the online service.
PLEASE DO NOT visit the practice as far as possible esp to book appointments or ask about results. You can call us.
In case if you do visit the surgery - the reception will initially only speak to you via telephone. Notices about extension numbers have been placed in the reception area along with alcohol wipes.
PLEASE DO NOT arrive early or wait in the waiting rooms in case you have been offered an appointment.
After self check-in, please go back to your car. The clinician will your mobile when they are ready.
If don't have a car or need wait in the surgery - you may notice that the surgery has reduced the number of seats in the waiting area and have spread them apart. This is to encourage social distancing and limit the risk of spreading infection.
The above advice may will be reviewed on a regular basis and may need to change. We will aim to keep you updated of any changes at the earliest possible.
Finally, can we kindly request you to be patient with us and polite to our staff. Our telephone lines are going to be extremely busy. We fully appreciate that this is a very stressful time for our patients. We are here to help, but we are working under extreme pressures with reduced staff numbers, and we would ask that you consider this when you call us.
Many thanks for your co-operation
Constable Country Medical Practice.
Suffolk and North East Essex - My Care Record
My Care Record enables health and care professionals directly involved in your care to access information about you.
How did you find our service? You can provide feedback about the practice at Healthwatch Suffolk
Click here to leave feedback about our East Bergholt site
Click here to leave feedback about our Capel St Mary site
Care Quality Commissioner - Practice Quality Report
Please follow the link below to take you to our most recent CQC report dated 16th May 2018
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and additional clinicians offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition. This may include services offered by the Midwife, Podiatrist or Acupuntcure and Chinese herbal medicine Doctor.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The medical centre conforms to the guidelines laid down by the Disability Act and includes a lift to the first floor. The Capel surgery is accessible by ramp and staff are on hand to help with any enquiries or concerns.
(Site updated 26/05/2020)